GIFT AID SCHEME
IT MAKES SENSE - IF YOU ARE A UK TAX PAYER, PLEASE "GIFT AID" YOUR DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH
IT BOOSTS YOUR CONTRIBUTION BY 25%
AND YOU CAN WITHDRAW FROM THE SCHEME ANY TIME
Gift Aid is an easy way to increase the donations you give to the Parish at Mass by 25%, without actually giving anything extra!
If you are a UK taxpayer, the scheme enables the parish to claim back from the Inland Revenue an additional 25p for every pound you contribute.
What is required for this refund to be obtained?
- You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of income tax at least equal to the amount of any refund reclaimed by the Parish on your donations;
- You must complete a Gift Aid Declaration
How does the system work?
- You can make your contributions to the Church using a weekly numbered envelope which will be supplied to you, by bankers order (i.e. standing order - see below for standing order form) or by cheque.
- Gift Aid is not a binding commitment – the actual money that you donate is entirely up to you.
- If you stop paying Income Tax, or wish to cancel, the Declaration can be immediately cancelled.
- How much you donate to the church by Gift Aid is completely confidential.
Gift Aid Declaration Form
- The form simply asks you to give your name and address and your consent so that all your donations can be treated as Gift Aid donations. You should sign and date the form. Then return it to the Parish Office.
Please contact the Parish Office if you have any questions on the Gift Aid scheme.
Please download a Gift Aid Declaration
If you want to donate using a standing order, please download the Standing Order form